I finally sewed up my Cashmerette Concord t-shirt. I used a cheap knit fabric that I bought for a couple of bucks from Wal-mart. I think I did a 22 bust graded out to a 28 waist but it been so long since I cut it out that I can’t remember and of course I didn’t write it down. I also remember making a biceps adjustment on it but it still wasn’t big enough because after I finished there was a definite pull on the fabric there. I am pretty happy with the rest of the fit so now I just need to make adjustments to my arm pattern pieces and try again. I was thinking of just cutting the arms off this practice one and sewing new ones on but haven’t decided yet. I can’t really wear it as is and I have extra fabric left over.
I need to buy a notebook to start keeping track of the sizes I cut out for different patterns. I keep saying I am going to do it but I always forget.
Here is a picture of me just finishing up. It’s a bathroom picture because it’s the only big mirror really in the house. I am also wearing my pajamas. The official outfit for sewing. The line down the front is also a washable marker. I use it to mark all my patterns.
I’ve been cutting out patterns and projects for the past week and a half. The longest week and a half ever! I ended up cutting a total of 6 projects and I was hoping to get 2 cut out a day but of course, that didn’t happen. Between snow days and sick kids, it was hard getting everything done. It’s also a pain because I have to use my dining room table to cut and I also use that to serve dinner so every dinner time I have to pick up and move everything off the table so it can be used for dinner. Really wish I had a dedicated place for cutting out patterns and fabric that would make life so much easier!
I am trying a few new to me patterns like the Lumberjack shirt from Pattern for Pirates and the Concord t-shirt from Cashmerette. I’ve been looking for a nice and easy button-up shirt pattern so I am hoping that the Lumberjack shirt is just that. I have also been trying to make more things for myself but I always find it’s a harder task with my plus size pear shaped body. Cashmerette are all patterns for curvy girls. I’ve made her Appleton Wrap Dress before and I loved how it turned out. It’s not finished yet, mainly because I ran into a fabric problem but hopefully I will get that squared away this year. I really want to wear it.
The dino fabric was made into one of the Lumberjack shirts. I also did my first attempt at pattern matching with this so fingers crossed I did it right.
Even though I feel like cutting out fabric is the worse part and I hate doing it, I love doing it in bulk like this. With young kids and little time, it’s nice to be able to just pick up a project and go whenever I have a spare minute or two.
Can’t wait to get sewing!