I am not sure if anyone remembers but back in Januray, I cut out a bunch of different projects so that whenever I had a minute I could spend it sewing instead of cutting and drafting patterns. It worked out fairly well, there are some things I plan to change about my method of storage that I will talk about in another blog. Anyways, I cut out two Lumberjack Shirts from Patterns for Pirates one for Big and one for Little. I bought some cheap cotton fabric from Walmart that I was basically using as a muslin that I could hopefully use at the end. Big picked Batman fabric for his shirt. The shirt itself was a fairly easy sew except for the placket on the cuff. I couldn’t get it to look or lay right no matter what I did. Next time I do this pattern I am going to see if I can find a helpful video. Sometimes for me, it’s easier to understand something after you watch someone else do it. I made the collar and the inside of the cuffs with a yellow and I thought it turned out really cute. Big really liked the shirt at first.
It was a really fun sew and I learned a lot about shirt construction sewing it up. Big was super excited to wear his new shirt to school but unfortunately, the other kids at school picked on him because it was Batman, they told him that Batman is for babies. He now refuses to wear it at all. I feel bad that that happened to him and a shirt he really loved he now won’t wear at all. The shirt ended up fitting him pretty well and I think he looks adorable in it. Kids will be kids though.